WHEN many voices claim to speak the Name of God in the world to confuse and lose men in a babel of uncertain sounds, and the Churches diminish in power and relevancy it becomes imperative again and again to declare the truth of the biblical and Christian religion, which is revealed in the Scripture of the Old and New Testaments and proclaimed in the one Gospel to all men by the one Church of Jesus Christ in all ages.
THEREFORE, the National Association of Evangelicals hereby reaffirms its witness before all men as contained in its biblical statement of faith:
• We believe the Bible to be the inspired, the only infallible, authoritative Word of God.
• We believe that there is one God, eternally existent in three persons, Father, Son and Holy Ghost.
• We believe in the deity of our Lord Jesus Christ, in His virgin birth, in His sinless life, in His miracles, in His vicarious and atoning death through His shed blood, in His bodily resurrection, in His ascension to the right hand of the Father, and in His personal return in power and glory.
• We believe that for the salvation of lost and sinful man regeneration by the Holy Spirit is absolutely essential.
• We believe in the present ministry of the Holy Spirit by whose indwelling the Christian is enabled to live a godly life.
• We believe in the resurrection of both the saved and the lost; they that are saved unto the resurrection of life and they that are lost unto the resurrection of damnation.
• We believe in the spiritual unity of believers in our Lord Jesus Christ.
By the Gospel we reaffirm that the biblical and Christian religion is a supernaturally acquired way of life consisting of a vital and continuous individual and personal communion with the living Lord Jesus Christ, which is born of faith, nourished on the Bible, the Word of God written, renewed continually in prayer, accompanied by personal and social signs of the Holy Spirit’s presence, looking to the sure fulfillment of the Father’s eternal purpose.