The team at the National Association of Evangelicals is highly collaborative, committed and engaged in our vision to see a thriving evangelical community in the United States that navigates complexity with biblical clarity. This is a big task, and we need the most talented, ambitious and thoughtful individuals with us.
If you are interested in joining our team, we encourage you to review the NAE’s Mission and Vision, Statement of Faith, and “For the Health of the Nation” to ensure that your personal values and beliefs are in alignment with those of the organization.
The National Association of Evangelicals Fellows Program is a one-year internship in evangelical civic engagement. The internship is unpaid but interns may work part time in another paid position, or may raise funds through their church or other supporters, which will be made available for living expenses.
- Personal commitment to Jesus Christ as Savior and Lord
- Commitment to the NAE mission and vision, and affirmation of the NAE Statement of Faith
- Active participation in and endorsement by an evangelical church, and familiarity with the broader evangelical community
- Agreement with the principles for evangelical civic engagement outlined and explained in the NAE document “For the Health of the Nation”
- Strong written and oral communication skills; preference is given to those who have experience working with websites, traditional and social media, and research outlets
- Ability to understand and clearly summarize both policy and technical information
- Flexibility to adjust to the needs of the NAE office and programs
- Promote informed dialogue among NAE members leading to effective civic engagement on issues outlined in “For the Health of the Nation,” as assigned
- Research issues and produce informational materials and updates targeted to the evangelical community
- Assist evangelical leaders in drafting and placing blogs, articles and op-eds on NAE issues
- Coordinate with other organizations and coalitions involved in the same issues; represent the NAE at coalition meetings and report back on meeting results
- Assist with development of proposals raising funds to support and extend the NAE’s work
- Assist with events planning and office operations
- Prepare reports on work performed
- Contribute to the success of the NAE as a committed, engaged team member
- Raise or supply funds for personal support needs
- Other duties as assigned
- The NAE Fellow reports to the Vice President of Government Relations.
- The NAE Fellow coordinates with the Vice President & COO and Vice President of Communications & Marketing.
The position is located in Washington, D.C. Some domestic travel may be required.
Applicants for this position are required to upload a resume, cover letter and writing sample.