There are more Muslims now in America than Jews. Yet, many Americans are often confused, afraid and lack a basic understanding of Muslims and the Islamic faith. John Azumah joins Today’s Conversation with Leith Anderson to help us understand the history of Islam and how it impacts our relationships with Muslims today.
In this podcast, you’ll hear from a Christian scholar of Islam on:
- The role of commerce in the spread of Islam;
- How the main segments of Islam (Sunnis and Shiites) developed;
- The historical background of “jihad” and how Muslims understand it; and
- Why Christian and Muslim relations soured.
Read a Portion of the Transcript
Leith: From your perspective, what do you think American Christians most misunderstand about Islam?
Share the Love
If you enjoyed the program, please rate it on iTunes and write a brief review. That will help get the word out and raise the visibility of the show.
- Today’s Conversation podcast with Joseph Cumming on Understanding Islam From an Evangelical Perspective
- Addressing Radical Islamism webinar with Jennifer Bryson