Our nation has been gripped by images and stories from the U.S./Mexico border. We have heard statistics, opinions and countless messages about the tens of thousands who are trying to cross the border into the United States each month. Many of us feel helpless and don’t know what can or should be done. Matthew Soerens joins Today’s Conversation to clarify what’s going on at the border and how Christians can make a difference.
In this podcast, you’ll hear Matthew Soerens and NAE President Leith Anderson discuss their recent trip to the U.S./Mexico border and:
- Why so many people are leaving their countries to come to the United States;
- What leaders agree on regarding a solution to the crisis;
- How churches and nonprofits are ministering along the border; and
- What churches thousands of miles away can do.
Read a Portion of the Transcript
Leith: How is today’s situation at the border unique in a place where there’s long been migration?
Share the Love
If you enjoyed the program, please rate it on iTunes and write a brief review. That will help get the word out and raise the visibility of the show.
- Inhumane Conditions for Migrant Children Are Unacceptable — Letter to the president, vice president and members of Congress, June 27, 2019
- Immigration 2019 — NAE resolution on immigration
- Evangelical Immigration Table
- World Relief